Monday, June 24, 2013

reading an article my mother posted on facebook

http://www.northjersey.com/hawthorne/NJs_tough_new_writing_tests_have_students_teachers_anxious.html?page=all

re: standardized tests and student difficulty with written work.

On the one hand, I completely agree that writing is important. The article also makes me think about myself and how I need to focus my writing more to concretely identify the purpose and provide structure to the thought such that it actually conveys a point.

On the other hand, I have a feeling there is value in the stream of consciousness style of let me find my point for myself and show the whole journey style. Obviously in earlier writing this method can meander even more, but as I've seen with my own writing, this is probably not correct.

So, I may try and take a more direct approach and actually force myself to adhere to some format or structure to get myself directed towards goals ... or something. Experimentation and seeing what happens. Tomorrow will be the testing grounds.

GO BLACKHAWKS... I mean Capitals, but they lost a while ago ... so ... YEAH BLACKHAWKS.

No comments: