Saturday, June 22, 2013

another post I started and didnt finish

started this, still sort of agree, but then again, technology:

be the change you wish to see in the world

human society is really big, and I dont say that as a cop out because it is so big it is intractable, I say it because it is my belief that it needs to shrink somewhere in the near term for it to continue existing in the long term. or if the population doesnt shrink then the individual lifestyles need to change.

global warming, water ... whatever, tragedy of the commons problems really, cap and trade would be great because it would allow somebody to set prices on the future costs of pollution and that economic incentive would then reach the costs of the consumer, but as it is gas and resources are generally valued based on their extraction costs despite their obvious impact on our global ecology. nobody likes to think about the 10 year olds standing over a pot of boiling chemicals trying to extract gold from transistors when they think about recycling or the factory workers,

american consumerism has failed,

:: I guess where I was going with that, is that since the economics of it arent valuing life appropriately at this point, it is cheap to kill everybody, and ... thats sort of just ... likely to happen because its cheap, when stupid people can afford terrible things, they will buy them... sort of like mcdonalds, let a man get diabetes he will get diabetes, just ask wilford brimley ... also ... after looking back at myself via these posts, not much has changed, just reached a point where I feel like I need to try harder, and Ive not started yet ... but yeah, still clarifying my thoughts. sort of plays into the want to make an impact kick and a how to potentially help the world, and I keep listing the things that are on my mind today, but the question is what should I be reading to confirm the belief or more fully inform myself of my options with regards to impact and value, as well as with regards to type of company .... meh, sick of writing

No comments: