Saturday, June 22, 2013

Allergies are killing me...

Sinus headaches are terrible.

Aside from the discomfort, trying to figure out how to spend my weekend.

will update this post in a moment, figure I should comment on my last post with an update as opposed to making a new post.

Which I am doing now. Currently watching x-files. I'm a little disappointed, I quit my job almost three weeks ago and still haven't caught up on sleep. Construction both inside my house and on the street outside, and my sleep cycle preventing me from falling asleep early enough, and sinus issues making it difficult to breath / fall asleep. Incredibly frustrating.

But anyways. Still trying to reach a balance between productive endeavors and leisure, kind of want to focus on leisure until Ive reached some zen like calm state where I have true clarity, but ... not sure I can do that in reality, the adages suggest that the only way to make progress is to take action, and Im not sure how to decide what actions will get to my goals.

The more I dwell on things the more I want to focus professionally on information / education.  It seems to be the approach I can take in life to maximize my positive impact on the world. And my head naturally followed that sentence with "Nihilism", which I guess is how I ended up in this situation in the first place. Not that I've all of a sudden changed philosophical views, and I would generally say I don't have ... pronounced(?) views, there is a desire to do good, but the understanding that the overwhelming complexity of the system does not make that a simple task. Education is the clearest answer to improve lives, but, unfortunately, education leads to paragraphs like this. The people taking decisive action are the under educated and they are causing problems, not to be angry or overly generalized, but when I see satellite photos of north dakota burning fuel away for no good reason I can only think that short sited decision making processes are unfortunately leading us towards a problematic place. Rambling and trying to watch xfiles simultaneously is hard. Im not holding myself to a tight editorial standard so Im not particularly bothered, but if anybody else decides to read this and interact with me I will spend some more time and effort to clarify my thoughts in case there is concern I've misstated my premise.


Am I making excuses? Should I get off my ass, ... or should I sit around until I feel 100% into something... or 95% ... or something.


No comments: