Tuesday, June 25, 2013

guess I didnt post today.

once again sat around waiting for the brick guy to get here.

Watched a bunch of xfiles, ... this show is extremely long. currently at season 6 episode 15 ... so ... about 120 hours in or so? Lots of greatness in there lots of meh not so good, as well as some dated elements but overall I am happy Im taking the time to watch my way through it. I feel like Ive had some debt to being a nerd by not watching it.

But ... I guess thats a broader thing. that I will follow up on later.

Oh and I guess I failed to start doing my writing in a more procedural well thought out and managed manner.

Finished 'The New Jim Crow' book, contributed to a discussion on facebook RE: the supreme court and its failings of late.

Went for a run, second since quitting, but still strange to me to exercise, I need to get out of the house and walk more, do not want to turn into a total slouch / shut-in.

Pulled out of an RSVP to attend a charity auction at the wife's behest which is frustrating me. Need to organize my thoughts to discuss the issue in a reasonable manner.

Bought a coding book (Code Complete) over the weekend and just got it and was flipping through, and saw a section managing your manager, which intrigued me so I read it. And it suggested steps to follow for dealing with a manager and Id attempted to do all of them at my last job; the final step was to quit. which confirmed that quitting my job was the right move in my situation. Sort of hysterical.

Talking with a friend who works for MS about job hunting. He suggested doing online mock interviews and training online. I believe I need to have a portfolio of code samples... but what language should I be focusing on?

No comments: