Tuesday, September 3, 2013

while on vacation somebody suggested that I

start writing up a daily post summing up my thoughts on the day. I believe the thought was given that I read so much random crap what do I think about it and how do I feel about it what do I think is going to transpire in the short or long term you know my observations and beliefs. In some ways I feel like what I have written previously does that to some degree, but I'm not really sure how well I can do a daily piece without just waxing philosophically or getting tired... but here is my jumping off point.

I guess I should ask myself a list of questions to get myself to focus as opposed to just rambling.

1) What happened in the world today?

 Obama still planning strikes against Syria.
 Politicians still not doing their jobs.
 I checked cnn ... and it doesnt look like I missed much.

2) What did I read today?
 Facebook shares rehash but line item sumary
 vs
 copy paste of google history (minus incognito of course) (maybe Ill do both of these somehow.) (Ive sort of wanted to do something with my chrome history, some scraping to see trends... saving all my imjur links... idk. still thinking about this)
 +
 books: Currently reading The Traveler. I will come back and give more summary shortly.

3) Did I go anywhere interesting?
 Dentist. tartar is bad. takes a few days to develop so the floss all the time thing is more a if you aren't going to catch everything in one try, its best to be doing a few tries before it becomes a problem. But seriously brush your teeth or you will die of abscesses... or something. Also need to get wisdom teeth out, want to schedule appointment with oral surgeon soon. /ramble

4) Did I see anything interesting?
 Nope, schools are starting up lots of parents around outside near end of school doting.

5) Did I do anything interesting?
 Nope, the wife and I tried Ryte Bytes for dinner and they were surprisingly good; they are basically precooked meals in airtight sous vide bags which you heat in water, so they are better than microwaved. Aside from that, laundry was the most interesting bit and then only because I decided not to run because I didnt want to use my shoes before I washed them, and then forgot to wash them with the laundry.

and the main point I wanted to get to for the day was from the onion 'And, hey, as long as we’re just throwing stuff out there, let’s consider a ground invasion for a moment. Now, even if you could reasonably fund a ground invasion, which I’m pretty sure you can’t, what exactly would such an invasion accomplish in the long term?' 

I wanted to make a comment that any time china buys US bonds it is supporting our military action... which seems kind of strange to me. But I've obviously lost steam, maybe I'll come back and add more to that thought later.



No comments: