Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My blog got 200 hits!!!

Whatever. I mean ... I appreciate that people cared enough to read my ramblings. And Ive gotten a lot of positive feedback of late. and putting this out in public really helped me vent. Sharing how Im feeling with the list of people I constantly spam with my thoughts and getting some feedback from a broader group of people was nice as opposed to hearing these thoughts in my head on repeat. Hearing other people echo the same sentiments or at least that they knew people who had similar negative experiences. It didn't hurt to have a few people saying 'hey if you're looking for work talk to these people' or 'my company is hiring'. Not that I got any real leads that I feel the need to pursue. My friend from high school pointed me to her education related startup, which is pretty much exactly the field that I am currently interested in pursuing, but they have a two person development team, and I believe that I need to join a larger organization to surround myself with other people doing the same thing, as opposed to just a couple people. But, Im not sure of that. The startup thing also has the higher risk of failure in comparison to joining an established enterprise that has already solved a number of problems that occupy the time and resources in startups.

But, I guess there is a reason for doing either.

I posted a whole lot on facebook today, so that implies that I read a whole lot today. I posted my old flash fiction short story because I found a good list of short stories and read a couple that Id not read previously.

A friend of mine offered me a ticket to see david cross and bob odenkirk, which is awesome. Mr Show was awesome and Ive always enjoyed both of their senses of humor. Can't wait for that Friday.

Today / tomorrow Im going to a presentation about how the Obama campaign managed rapid app development to reach out to people, apparently they developed 100 apps over the course of 40 days or something ... will be interesting to see what processes they used, how much staff they had, how they collaborated... interesting for me especially as Id like to be part of a productive team environment.

Other than that, Ive got a meeting with somebody doing a background check on somebody I know tomorrow. Feels strange to me. but whatever, honesty is the best policy, good kid shouldnt be a problem, donno why Im a person to ask questions, but I guess I know him so why not.

oh and amy and I watched monday's episode of the daily show  http://www.thedailyshow.com/extended-interviews/429093/playlist_tds_extended_robert_eich_91713/429079 john stewart has been on fire recently, really the whole show has been great. but this interview touched on a point that there needs to be some progressive movement in the near future, maybe occupy was too early or too poorly organized, but the issues at hand are serious and need to be addressed. ... anyways. seems close to sleepy time for me. /ramble

No comments: