Monday, July 8, 2013

a Week later

went to soccer monday ... broke my finger. dealt with ER bs. insurance situation still isnt resolved. just got a new splint that locks two of my fingers in place, really pretty difficult to type. ... But followup appointment let me see the xrays, and it looks worse than the er guys initially made it seem. shit. so tuesday was spent trying to figure out the insurance issues, filled out cobra paperwork but needed to wait for wife to print out some forms from online at work, so didnt submit stuff till wed. so that was preoccupying me til then, then the inlaws came for a fourth of july visit, and left yesterday evening. good weekend, but just trying to explain the lack of posts for a week. broken finger is a giant wrench in my plans for this month. so ... fuuuuuuck.

so, had doctors appointment today, had lunch with the wife.

she also just sent me this http://www.builtinchicago.org/blog/recruiting-tech-chicago-part-1

downloaded a gameboy emulator written in javascript, so looking at that as a potential resource to use, but after looking it over and thinking about it ... not ideal ... but still interesting to me. https://github.com/grantgalitz/GameBoy-Online

but maybe Ill look at using somebody else's framework to write my own game, currently trying to learn how to type with this thing attached to my hand. efficiency will not be high.


No comments: